A soft Coconut Pudding for forks or fingers
Gluten Free & Vegan!
Haupia (pronounced how-pee-ah) is quick and easy to make.
- One 14 oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 5 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 5 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla or rose extract
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Pour coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar and cornstarch in a bowl, add the water and extract.
- Whisk until completely combined.
- When the coconut milk starts to simmer, add the sugar/cornstarch mix, and whisk continually, until the mixture thickens. Depending on your stove and pot thickness, this takes between 4 -10 minutes.
- Pour into lightly greased 8 x 8 pan and allow to cool before refrigerating.
- Refrigerate until solid. You should be able to pull the sides away from the pan and invert onto a plate. If it seems too soft, just cut it while in the pan, into 2 inch pieces (16 pieces total) and serve.
Optional: Garnish with lemon or orange zest and fresh peppermint sprig.
Ono = Delicious!